Tuesday, August 11, 2009

denial is not a river in Egypt...

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

Hello, I'm Courtney and I'm addicted to clothes.

My problem started at an early age and I suppose I have my mother to blame/thank for that. My first memories of spending time with her were at Nordstrom (my mother claims I was christened there....), fawning over scarves and jewelry that were probably something most 5 year olds wouldn't be looking twice at. While the other little girls were playing house I was always trying to find new and innovative ways to make my Barbies look more sophisticated or tearing up my dad's old clothes to make something more "chic" than those pesky kitten-printed sweat material skirt outfits my parents were putting me in.

The high school years were spent as a punk rocker, DIYing my own clothes and adding as many studs and zippers to my attire as humanly possible. Save for the unfortunate hairstyles, I'd say those were probably the most favorite years of mine as far as my style went... the "anything goes" ideals set forth in punk rock dressing are some I'll always live by.

With that said, we make a segue into today's fashion world. The things happening in mainstream fashion have me tickled pink! From pants optional (see below) to bondage wear to mismatched patterns, the fashionably acceptable has reached such great heights in the past 5 years. I commend you, world, for finally letting your inner 5 year old shine through. So here's to saying "fuck the rules" and letting fashion take it's course. I cannot wait to see what comes next! I hope to let this blog be a document of the normal to abnormal, the loves and hates and the misses and hits.

sienna miller, sans pants.

mary-kate "no pants" olsen, my favorite pants-free celeb.

No comments:

Post a Comment